It’s all about the detox and my health plans this week, remember? Don’t worry. I don’t know if there is anything else to detox in my life, so this must be the last post on the detox subject. 🤷🏼♀️ So far this week, we started The Whole 30 program to help us detox from junk food. Read why we went with this guide. I wrote two more posts this week about detoxing your mind and, of course, why we need to detox our armpits that smell like a hog barn. 🐖 I thought I would conclude the week with why I, and maybe you, need Raw Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar in our lives.
Alcoholic beverages, whether made from grapes or apples, will naturally turn to vinegar if let to sit a long, long time. (Don’t ask me how long, because that’s not what I was researching. 😂) Bacteria in the air converts the alcohol in wine and cider into acetic acid which is what gives vinegar its “sour” taste. In the “olden days,” vinegar was not only used as a pickling agent and to flavor food, but it was used as medicine. I don’t know about you, but I’ve found that the things my grandma used to tell me worked for healing, still work. (The bell rang… 🔔 History class is over. )
What got me thinking about trying raw apple cider vinegar?
We were at a friend’s house one day and she was mixing up this odd concoction. It was a few teaspoons of Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar and water. We looked at her and said, “What…… IN THE HELL……. are you doing?” She said she read that it helps tremendously with sinus issues. She had horrible sinusitis and infections her entire life and was at the end of her ropes. She’s been drinking it for over a year and swears by it.
Well, that got me thinking. I decided to do my own research on the benefits of raw organic apple cider vinegar. On a side note. Remember… don’t send the you’re-not-a-doctor police 👮🏼♀️ after me, because I know. I’m not giving you medical advice and telling you to run right out and take shots of apple cider vinegar. I’m only sharing what I found out in my research and why I am personally using it.
What did I find?
The Benefits of Drinking Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- It’s a great liver detox by aiding in the process of eliminating any fat that is accumulated in and around the liver. I don’t know about you, but I could more than likely use a good liver detox every now and then. 🍷 🍺 🥃 🍸 🍹 It encourages healthy liver function and reduces inflammation.
- Raw apple cider vinegar helps regulate the ph level in your body. A balanced ph level wards off infections and diseases by keeping your body less acidic. Lots of diseases are caused from your body being too acidic. (Don’t even 👮🏼♀️)
- Along with regulating the ph balance of your body, used as astringent, it regulates the ph balance in your skin. Therefore causing less break-outs and fades dark spots. I know for a fact that before I started using my current skin care routine, I used raw apple cider vinegar on my almost-heart-shaped dark spot on my cheek every night. Each morning, I noticed the skin in that area was extremely dry and flaky. So I’m sure if I would have kept up the process, it would have faded or maybe even burnt that sucker off.
- Adding a small amount of raw apple cider vinegar to water can help with acid reflux by neutralizing stomach acid. I know. Doesn’t that sound weird? Hey everyone, drink some acid to help your stomach be less acidic. But it’s true.
- Apple cider vinegar contains lots of vitamins which aids in healing sinus infections. You can do your own research on this, but you can actually make a (very, very diluted) sinus rinse, nasal spray, or ingest it for healthy sinuses. It helps with constant post nasal drippage. It, also, breaks down the mucus, aka snot/boogers, (because I’m 12) if you are congested.
- Apple cider vinegar is a natural anti-inflammatory agent. It reduces soreness and stiffness in your joints by reducing the inflammation that go hand in hand with arthritis.
- It aids in weight loss. Supposedly drinking raw apple cider vinegar with water helps you lose weight. And, don’t we all want to lose a few poundages?
Why I Personally Started Using Raw Apple Cider Vinegar Daily
Raw apple cider vinegar has so many more benefits than I listed above. Do you remember the list of old lady “issues” that I have going on personally? If not, they are all listed on my first Whole 30 post. Some of those issues are in the above list, therefore, I only listed what pertains to me.
Again…. I’m not offering you any type of medical advice. 👮🏼♀️ I suggest you do your own research to see if you could benefit. I’m only giving you my own personal reasons for using it. I leave a shot glass beside the sink as my reminder. I add a teaspoon of vinegar and add water to the top. Yep…I down that like I’m taking a shot of alcohol. I will keep you posted at the end of my Whole 30 detox from junk food on whether any of these issues are cleared up.
Do you use raw apple cider vinegar for anything? It’s becoming a more common thing, so I know I’m not the only freak out there. 🤗
Thanks so much for stopping by. I pledge my love to you deeply.
Buh bye now, said in an old lady’s voice who needs her daily shot!